Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Break with Fish and Chips

I took the afternoon to do what I wanted to do. Again, I went back to the fishing spot I did yesterday at the Des Moines River. I got there with not another soul in the area. Within minutes there were two guys fishing on my right. Another half-hour later A really haggered couple started fishing on my right. Every other word was as usual an F-Bomb. To put the icing on the cake the guy started casting over my line. I just did the opposite of what I wanted to do an let it go. I then proceeded for the next two hours to show both parties what it looked like to catch fish. The guy in the left caught one carp and that was in the entire time I was there. At some point I was lucky enough to catch a nice eater walleye. I used the strap to my pack as a stringer. I eventually packed up and left with my walleye in hand. I got back to the apartment and cleaned up my prize.
I normally don't keep fish but Rachel is gone to Cedar Rapids for a bachelorette party so this is my opportunity to have fish. At the time it worked great so this is what I called a college-boy's cutting board.
I then wanted to try something I saw on one of those damn cooking shows. I tried the breaded cheese bit.
When all was said and done it didn't go as perfect as planned but still wasn't too bad. The fish fried up really nice and I decided to have a classic fish and chips. I finished it of with a mug of beer. Classic.





Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment