Monday, May 9, 2011

Family Controlled Chaos

This was a crazy weekend to say the least. Saturday morning I get a call from Rachel that whatever I am wearing is not good enough and I need to change. It was the girls college graduation and I guess I a button-up with a tie was necessary. We watched from the top balcony as the commencment droned on. Sorry Rachel, but Ryker was more interesting at the time. Rachel's nephew was a collected child until the very end before becoming ornry. We had lunch at the girls' apartment with Rachel's family and the Yeske's. It was a little crowded but we managed. Once festivities had died down Rachel and I headed for Iowa City. Mike and Lisa Rossi were visiting from D.C. and I hadn't seen Mike in three years. This was also the first time I was going to meet my nephew Gabriel. Josh and Sara also had a new one, Stella. It was going to be the weekend of babies. I did my best to get there before they put Gabe down for the night. By devine intervention we made it. I opened the door to see Lisa bouncing around with him. I was informed that they had indeed tried to put him down but it didn't work the first time. I finally got to meet Gabe!

Because my older siblings are in the beginning stages of starting their families it was different to see them in their new element. Lisa could be easily compared to a mama bear. You mess with her cub, you DIE. Josh and Sara were both exausted with a toddler and a 2 week old. Despite all of that, they all seemed content. The party usually gets started after the young ones are off to bed. In this case, everyone was down and out by 9:30, some were a perturbed by not being to bed earlier.

The next morning, I was woken up somewhere in the 6ish time frame to Josh standing over me with Abram. It was play-with-Uncle-Jon-so-dad-can-get-sleep-time! We eventually got some breakfast and played until the house was back to the active state. Nick and Lisa showed up somewhere around ten and Mike and Lisa came back from there brunch to bring full chos back into swing. Kids sleeping, or kids screaming. Rachel and Lisa got a kick out of the little flirt that Abram was.


After playing with the girls Abram felt the need to hold his new baby sister. The aunts-to-be would of course assist.

She started to become upset so he kept saying "it's okay, it's okay." He is going to be a great older brother.



Later in the afternoon Lisa said I was going to assist her in feeding Gabe. He is trying to get into the swing of solid food so he wears most of it but we tried nevertheless.

It turned out to be a spectacular weekend but by the end I made sure Rachel knew; I could wait a few more years before kids. I will just play with the nieces and nephews for now. We somehow managed to get one opportunity for a group photo with a few missing but it was difficult to be picky:



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment