Monday, May 2, 2011

Morning hunt Sunday May 1st

Went back into the timber where I had heard shock gobbles the evening previous. I slowly made my way to where I thought the birds were but was not careful enough. I busted five birds out of there two of which were longbeards. I crawled along the creek to sneak up on them as now they were out in the open, but one of the other guys was calling them, or so I thought. I found out later that it wasn't him calling the bird but rather another hen. oh well. I headed back to the dead fall tree at the pasture but it was really windy and nothing was moving. I went back down to the cabin, packed camp and we headed out. Austin felt in necessary to get a picture of the pants he was wearing when he was carrying his bird yesterday.
This really turned out to a great weekend.


Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment