Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thanksgiving Ice

A few days after Thanksgiving I was finally able to get out on the ice with Adam and Paul. Let me say this again, A FEW DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING. The trade-off of losing duck season days is gained back in ice fishing days. We headed up to Cottonwood as it produces well early ice, and it took a bit, as it usually does, to find fish. It was not a slam dunk, hand over fist kind of a day, but we caught just enough to keep us occupied. One of the most disheartening part for me is the lack of pike. This used to be my go-to spot for pike of many sizes, and it seems these days, I couldn't buy one on this lake. With another year of growth, the waldos we did catch were of some super quality size.



It felt great to get out on the ice again, but I will be on a quest for pike in future outings.




Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment