Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Finding Fish at 25 Below

The weekend of the 16th Paul, Adam, and I decided to forge ahead despite the frigid temps and tried fishing Poinsett Lake. If it weren't for Paul's snowmobile helmets, my eyelids would have frozen shut. My hands were so cold from the ride out, that I thought I was honestly in trouble.Nevertheless, I was finally able to ice my first fish of the season.
 Paul was the only one able to ice a walleye big enough because of the slot limit.
 This day was beyond cold but we managed to not get frost bite (I think) and we were able to catch some fish!
The next day we decided to come right back out and try our luck in the same spot again. I fished with Paul this day as I fished with Adam the day before. It was 3 degrees out and it felt like a warm spring day compared to the day before. I got off to a great start and pulled in a few walleyes before finding a couple of nice slab crappies.

It was not exactly slamming them, but we were in an area that had been pounded by pressure for the past 6 weeks. I am happy we came out with anything!


Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment