Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ice Fishing

I personally have only done a little ice fishing this season as the ice conditions were fair to begin with and I just never had the motivation to care enough to fish. I did however find some time to fish with Nick at Peterson Pits and the Madrid Pit. We spent one afternoon fishing at the Madrid pit and on this day Nick or I busted one of the blade on the auger in the third hole drilled...
As Nick headed back to get my auger out of my car back at his place, I tried my best to tie down the tent in the wind. I just short of failed.
I lost control of the tent as Nick was on the other side of the pit. As Uncle Paul instructed a week later, "Stake it, then pop it".

I wish Nick had pics.

By the time I finally got the damn thing staked, and a line down a hole, Nick was back with the other auger. We ended up finding a few fish throughout the day. Mostly crappies, with an occasional bluegill.

About an hour before we called it the wind died down and it was finally still. As we sat in the tent I heard the wind whip back up; out of the North. In one fluid motion I am standing in the tent holding on for dear life. I neglected to stake that side down. When we finally called it after fishing one handed for a half hour, and when I stepped out I could no longer see shoreline. It was sweet! After a terrifying take-down in which Nick was able swept off of the ice, we took a quick photo before heading home after it cleared up a bit.




Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment