Sunday, October 7, 2012

Evening Hunt Swarms 10/6/12

Evening hunt at property around Nick's house. I went into the bottoms and sat in a multi-stemmed boxelder stand. Got lost but eventually found the damn thing. Busted six does that were milling around right by the stand when I got down there. Missed 3 calls from Nick. He jumped a monster after dropping Rachel off at the Hickory stand,. He set up on top with his climber and watched Rachel's stand. She was covered in deer. Three separate times she drew on a doe, but that one more step came too late in the game and it was too dark to shoot. She got to see ten deer, one being the small buck that frequents the area.

I saw five does come off the cliff behind me, and they never busted me even being almost downwind. I had a barred owl land feet in front of my head at dark and was hoping he would refrain from dive bombing me as has happened in the past. All of the deer that were in the bottoms made their way up to the prairie that is essentially right next to the house. Great evening out yet again.


Stay Tuned, Putting Rachel in another juice stand tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment