Friday, October 5, 2012

Evening hunt: bottoms

Went out to McCoy public with Rachel this evening. On way to stand we ran into two separate flocks of turkeys. The first slipped out of the field before I could make a move. After turning a corner on the road leading to another field there was a big beautiful gobbler standing right in the middle of the path. I dropped to my knees, nocked and arrow, and drew. He stood there until my arrow whizzed passed his chest. I watched my arrow bounce off into oblivion. There were 5-8 more that followed suit of busting ass out of there. I drew on another but figured I couldn't hit the one standing still so I didn't shoot again. We made our way to the stands and busted two does underneath the large oak our stand use to be; go figure. I set Rachel in, and then climbed into my own. Ten minutes in, two does made their way down the dry creek and I thought there would make there way to Rachel but they had other plans. With 15 minutes to legal, three does came in behind me to the south and busted after winding me. Busted another on the way out. Picked Rachel up and headed out. SEVERELY out of shape. Rachel and I will both be working on that...Saw flashlights on the way out, hope the best of luck to those guys. Busted more deer on the way out. One of the most beautiful sits I have had in a long time. Helped me remember again why I am actually out there.


Stay Tuned; hunting with the Mrs. all weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment