Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer on the Prairie

With the onslaught of the heat and lack of moisture here in South Dakota, the fishing has been more difficult than I thought, but things change, and with that comes adapting. I have spent less time fishing this June than last year, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Because of the heat, and conditions I have had to branch out and try different lakes, and get up early for the morning bite.




















I have taken advantage of Paul's kayaks, and have even taken Rachel out on a few occasions. Bailey''s has always been picturesque, but the fishing has become difficult with the low water and vast surplus of weeds.



















I even got an evening out by myself, and I went right back to Bailey's. I still only manage a couple of bass, but the kayak is a great stress reliever.



















The summer heat has been difficult on the puppy but she makes do with the comforts of a indoor life.


Rachel took some time in for the kitchen for Father's Day cookies. This women has a gift indeed!




















Summer is just beginning and we will be getting out as much as we can!



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment