Monday, June 27, 2016

Finding Waldos

I took advantage of some of my annual leave from work and spent a few days hitting the water hard with a friend from Ames that came up for the better part of a week. Aaron Steffen and I got up early on Thursday and were on the water by 6am on Swan. This was one of my new pike lakes with a few good waldos coming out of there. I managed one decent walleye all morning, and that is all we caught. I was disappointed to say the least. We decided to try Bitter and see if we could boat some fish. It had been a hot bite on the lake and we did manage to find fish not far from the ramp, but the bite wasn't quite on fire, so we moved to a secret spot, and eventually filled the rest of or walleye limit in about an hour.
After filling the waldo limit, we headed to Waubay in search of perch, crappies, or something so we could scout out the opportunities for when Aaron's wife, brother, and his wife came up during the weekend.
I forgot the bread before we headed out....
 I found a couple of walleyes, one of which would have been great to keep but we already had our limit, but the bite was limited out there. What we did find a lot of were MASSIVE carp swimming around near the timber. 25-30+ pounds each, and no shortage of them. There will be a trip in our future...

We headed home for fish cleaning, and food.

Not too bad for an entire day on the water.


We still have two more days of hard fishing ahead.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment