Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fishing with the Rents

After my morning success, I cleaned birds and prepped the boat for the parents' visit. They as well as Paul, Adam, and Cathy were coming for an afternoon fishing expedition. I took them to my small gem lake, and I had the parents in the little boat with me.
The lake was a little choppy, but we made it work without too much water in the boat. We anchored in a little spot as out of the wind as possible, and even managed to find a few fish, and by that I mean Dad did.

It was beyond enjoyable fishing with the parents. They were both coming off of show week and were a little fried, but I would like to at least think I helped a little.
In Paul's boat, Rachel did fantastically and even out fished me. Even when she doesn't care she does well. :)
We got a group pic in front of the boat before heading out for fish cleaning and food.

We went to a local eatery for a bite and then Paul and crew headed back to Sioux Falls while the parents stuck around for the evening. We showed them the town, and showed Dad some of the area, and then we enjoyed good conversation before retiring for the night.

It was great to have a quick visit, and I hope we are able to have more visits as this fall progresses. We would travel more, but Rachel's on-call schedule keeps us on our toes. At least this fall is just beginning.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment