Monday, February 25, 2013

Zombies and Wood Stuff

Well, to my credit I was able to pull off the Golden Birthday thing for Rachel, as we got a crowd of friends (15) and headed to Zombie Burger in Des Moines. To my un-credit, I not only brought my camera, but completed neglected to take pictures. I played with it in my pocket all night. FAIL. It was a splendid evening watching Walking Dead on AMC in a zombie bar while everyone around us drank spiked milk shakes.

Out of complete astonishment, Jason Rich, a senior in high school when I was a freshmen, was there and stopped to say hello. Haven't seen him since high school.

There thing is simple; burgers. I had Planet Terror, which was carmelized onions, BBQ sauce, cheddar, ranch dressing, and two greasy beef patties. Rachel had The Dead Moines; a beef patty, prosciutto, ham, and gouda.  I am still recuperating and did not again until dinner tonight and we had soup. We had fun, but I regret horribly forgetting pics.

Rachel and I as we walked back into our apartment after our evening out:
To back track a little, we made waffles and bacon for breakfast, and just vegged for the afternoon for her birthday. We watched The Little Mermaid, and tried the bottle cutter thingy again, to no avail. It was an enjoyable day in my opinion.


On a separate note I have taken every spare moment to work on wood stuffs. I completed my Damascus knife project, and am working on the sheath before I put it on the market:
 Flame grain walnut with osage orange caps.

I finished two antler mounts,


 and I finished another table of which I forgot to take pictures...Theme anyone?



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment