Monday, February 18, 2013

Progress...Sorta

Update:

Rachel continues the seemingly never-ending vet school as I seek meaningful, gainful employment. I recently took a part time job at HyVee Wine and Spirits here in Ames. I also had a phone interview for a full time position with the INHF. I had an internship with them in 2009, and this is honestly a dream come true kind of situation. BUT with that said I am not counting my chickens. It is a competitive world and I need to keep looking for full time employment.

My friend Ned Parker and I are moving forward with the wood working business. It will remain a part time/ hobby but we are filing the necessary tax documents so we can name the business and begin active advertising. We will continue to work small scale, but are obviously willing to work on expansion.

With that, I have found a semi-limitless supply of kiln-dried, milled lumber. I have begun working on laminate works. My recent supply was black cherry. I built a matched set of end-tables and a matching coffee table. Legs in the works still.


 The coffee table stained:

At this point, I don't prefer this type of table but the materials were free.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment