Thursday, February 21, 2013

Table/Business Update and Ice Fishing

 I have continued to plow away at tables lately. I completed my black cherry table set which includes the two end tables as well as the coffee table. They turned out better than I could have expected.







Ned and I have come up with a name and have decided upon Rustick Woodshop. We are working on logo and design right now but we love what we do and want to make money doing it. With that in mind we are maintaining hobby/small scale sale as of now. Excited to say the least.

Now, on to today. Before the snow came in Nick, Jon Jones, and I went to the East Peterson Pits outside of Ames to try our luck at ice fishing. Do-able yes, creepier than hell, even more-so yes. 4-6 inches of good solid ice. We caught a few small bluegill, one small bass, and a couple crappies. The kicker was when we started hearing Jones freak out about losing a fish behind us for about an hour. When he freaked out the final time it was because he caught the fish he was after. I have never witnessed it before, but he pulled up a small catfish. We decided to join him in his success and try our hands at the same fate. He pulled up another, better cat. Unbelievable.

We fished there for another hour or so and he continued to lose fish at the hole. I had finally hooked up with a good size cat and again, lost it at the hole. Awesome experience, but still could not believe that catfish could be caught through the ice.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment