Monday, October 17, 2011

Pheasant Camp 2011: Part 1

This marked yet another very memorable pheasant camp. Earlier this year Uncle Al told me that bird numbers were down, and we would see what we could do anyway. I don't know what he was talking about.
When we got to camp Friday night I was informed by Uncle Al that I would be able to wield his Browning Featherlite XS for this year's hunts. For those that don't know what that is, it is the greatest gun known to man. I can't miss with it. Period. I knew this was going to be a great weekend.
The next morning we got ready in no hurried fashion necessary and headed to the first push.


 The Featherlite XS!
Our first push produced a few birds as it always does, but mostly it helps us get some of the kinks out and get the dogs back into the groove of things. Rachel walked along with my camera, so all picture credit goes to her and she took some gems.


 Note: Cloud of feathers to the right of Dad's double.


 Note: Look past Austin's head, that was a rooster that got away!






More to come

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment