Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Mind Thus Wanders

These are some of the things I have put together when I was supposed to be doing more productive things.

Sketch of mallard vs math homework.

Poems instead of math lecture or other classes:

Oh Great One

Today brings no changes from the benevolent 
Confusion floods the mind of the minions
Without isolated thought and herculean concentration
My mind thus wanders to things more endearing


Institutions

As I astray from the topic at hand
I find myself looking for greater demand
No slurry of drugs or stimulation of will
can bring me back to this drone for never to thrill


Ben's Bird

Wake up call; 4 am
crawl out of bed 4:30
Put on boots and warm the call
drive to the place, get right to the tree
Cardinals call, a shiver chills
This is one of those mornings
that produces great thrill

Twilight comes, not a sound alike 
you swear he here
you can feel his plight
Unpredictability keeps this wise bird alive
He could fly down left or right he may go
which ever he chooses, it's his last cottonwood dive
He hits the ground hard, with throat deep in sound
My iron fires true
His dirt nap on the ground

The thrill I just felt will be copied by none
My body thus trembles
for this battle was nature; man against one

I  must now pay homage to the beast I have taken
This is not just a kill
The entire experience never forsaken
I earned this bird with great power and pride
The spring gobbler is wary
This hunt, will never be denied


Nerves of Butter

I wait in silent exile my nerves are forever shot
Sleep does not come easy my face both cold and hot
I have got to get back out into my true element
It's been a tough spring, and the forest's scent
The sound of the cardinal is a pure song in my ear
Just a few more days of hell, the end is almost here
And then I will feel the dirt, soft beneath my feet
In amongst the trees again, you and I shall meet


The Ghost

The relentless rain pounds over the tin
I wait for it to cease, the process we begin
The smell in the air brings back memories so true
The last time I experienced this, it was just me and you
I crest the hill to see deep hardwoods abound
Within them he sleeps for never to be found
The fog now rolls in making it harder to see
It is your move now, I live in the trees
I see you glide through those rain soaked oak leaves
Before I can react, my heart truly believes
I finally have seen you and now it is my chance
Instead, you shall walk, you throw me a glance
You will die on your own terms and not by my hand
This moment forever only God shall understand



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment