Sunday, November 6, 2016

What to do, What to do

As work has dictated, I have some flex time depending on what the week has in store and midweek I had time again. I took the morning to try another spot with my bow, and found myself at the small area around Bailey's Lake. There were a ton of ducks, but it proved slow for deer. Shortly before I was going to call it a morning, a nice buck crossed the pasture in the adjacent property. I tried rattling but he was having none of that and made a hasty retreat.

With such a mild November day, I had guilt that I would not be doing anything hunting related, as it seemed to warm for ducks, and the deer were definitely not cooperating. So, I cleaned some crap out of the boat, and headed for Indian Springs.

 It was a leisure float around and I was able to pick up a couple of small pike alone the way.
 I tried all of my secret spots but the fishing was rather slow, and most of the places I tried was a little muddy because of the coot activity. At the point  of the bay where Michael and I ice fished last year, I found a lone weed bed, and I knew there would be a fish there. It did not disappoint. It wasn't a monster gator, but it reached my 30" mark.






















I cannot remember the last time, even if there is one, in which I have caught a fish in early November. My outdoor adventures have revolved around deer for too long. It was still my last open water outing for the year, but it has me stoked for hard water tip-up season.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment