Monday, April 25, 2016

Gift from the Mrs.

This last Christmas, Rachel went above and beyond and got us tickets to the Mumford and Sons concert in Omaha, Nebraska. This was my gift from her, and I was hesitant about it at first. I am not exactly great with large crowds but it was going to be worth it...I hoped.

We both took the day off and drove down to Omaha. As I am still dealing with this crypto thing, I have been unable to eat real food, and Rachel didn't want to stop and get dinner. I felt bad about that.

We took a walk with our extra time and took some pics down by the river.
It was unbelievably bright and the squint-look was all we could handle. 


We were finally able to make it into the arena, and find our spots. I'm not one that has a total issue with heights, but this place gave me the willies. It was almost 3 feet height difference between the rows, and we were in the nosebleed section (Rachel got what seats we could as tickets went FAST).
Regardless of the nosebleed section, it was nice to be in our spot. I was able to eat part of soft pretzel and Rachel shared a bite of her hotdog, and we 'people watched' the endless stream of hipsters come in before the concert started. We both knew what we were getting ourselves into, but wow.....

The opening band started and boy were we disappointed. They were memorable enough that I cannot even tell you the name of the band. At this point, I was really hoping the rest of the concert was going to be a lot better. After the openers finished there was a half an hour break before Mumford started. 

When the light went out and they began, it was extraordinary!!! 
I read somewhere that the band themselves waited years before recording an album because it was not going to be the same as their music live. I have now witnessed this phenomenon myself. There music is great, but in concert it is an experience in itself. I know that is why musicians tour, so they can share their music in a specific setting, but I never would have thought it would make that much of a difference. These guys were absolutely amazing!




















Now I know I biffed recording the video vertical, but when the band asked for lighters or phone lights, it was eye opening.
Being squeezed into a very uncomfortable, small, and sticky seat, next to a fat obnoxious drunk women, didn't matter for 2 hours. I was able to share this experience with my wife. She has been one that becomes consumed by gift giving. She will spend hours trying to find the right gift, and that for each person. When she jumped on these tickets, she knew she had something. I can say now, it may take her awhile to surpass this one. Thank you Mrs!!!!!



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment