Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spring: Finally

Even though I was able to get out and turkey hunt with Michael, it finally feels like spring is in full swing. Trees are full, flowers are blooming and work is insane. I have been able to get out and fish with Nick the few times he is home for any amount of time.

A couple of weeks ago I got out myself as Rachel was on call and I needed out. I brought the pup with and managed a few carp but nothing much.

After the fishing was nothing special, I decided to give a real run at morel mushroom hunting. I have found a grand total of 5 before this season and I knew with the right location I could find plenty.

Last year Nick found an excessive amount and with him gone, I just gave him a call and asked for coordinates. When I found 'the tree' it was double what I had found; ever.
I just kept adding to the bag.

I even managed to find a few in locations Nick didn't know about.



Ended up being exactly 3 pounds in the end. When I sautéed these little magnificent fungi with some onions and garlic, it was nirvana. 
Ok, so over a grilled pork chop may or may not have made it that much better.

This last weekend, I got to fish again with Nick, and Lisa came along. 






After fishing, Nick and I took one last shot at mushrooms. Again, a full bag and a couple huge ones.



Stay Tuned



No comments:

Post a Comment