Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Rustick Wood Shop Show

At the tale end March I took the plunge and made an active approach at promoting my business. It was at  little cost and at this point I had nothing to lose but gas money. I took a spot as a vendor at the Iowa Taxidermy Association Show in Marshalltown, Iowa. A taxidermy neighbor of Nick's suggested I give it a shot and I went for it. I took everything I had and them some. I made a lot of contacts, and got to know a ton of people. I was even able to make some sales. I was informed by my taxidermy friend that many people were talking about my booth.

 Talk is always good!
I sold a few slabs, a few custom orders, and at the last minute of the weekend, I sold one of the end tables. I was asked to attend again next year, and being a complete greenhorn, I plan on upping my game. I went into this without any knowledge of my potential customer base. I was catering my product to a more public crowd. I figured out in short time that most of the customers were taxidermist. I did my best and have splendid ideas for next year.


Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment