Sunday, August 16, 2015

"Show Me Potato Salad!"

We were able to host a weekend with some friends from college. Aaron and Amanda Steffen came from Ames, and Nate and Emilee Lakner drove up from Denison. Our goal was to do a little fishing, some games, and in general, no set agenda.
 Day 1

First day out was not quite as productive as I had hoped. It was a little breezy and with my motor troubles, there were only so many places I could go. The girls and Aaron took the big boat and Nate and I the johnboat.

I did manage a small pike, and the girls caught a few perch, but it was hot and everyone just wanted a nap anyway.

After an afternoon nap we decided that mini-golf in Watertown would suite the group well. Of course, it had to be guys vs gals deal, so a detailed score card needed to be taken.
The group made a huge mistake of making me in charge of the score card. I managed a hole-in-one on the last hole which saved my ass.
After tallying up, the girls beat the guys by 1 stroke.
 I told them not to let me do math.
Aaron was not about to let this slide without a recount....
Guys ended up winning by 2 strokes. Again, my hole-in-one at the end saved my ineptitude with simple mathematics.

Never have the guys been more happy that I suck at math.

We had dinner at nice pub in Watertown before returning to the apartment for Cards Against Humanity.

Day 2

We made a late breakfast of french toast and bacon before gearing back up for another round on the water. I chose a smaller clear lake just north of town. The day was beautiful, the water crystal clear, and the fish were biting!
 That is Rachel and I photo bombing in the background.
Rachel fished with me and even though it may not be her forte, she can catch fish.
She even found a DANDY waldo on the far side of the lake. She may not eat them, but she feeds the troops with them!


There was a weather system working its way in, so we decided to call it quits. Rachel granted me one last cast and I came up with nothing. I stole one last cast, which gave me a death stare from the Mrs., and I came up with a waldo!
 Rachel took this pic mid flop. :)
We got back home, cleaned our feast (the other boat kept 15 or so perch), and made a wonderful feast.

We played more games throughout the evening before bringing our trip to a close. Rachel and I had to work in the morning and the rest of the crew took Monday off.
When we returned home from work the house was clean and the crew left us a pile of change that was deemed "South Dakota Rent".

What a Weekend!



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment