Sunday, May 17, 2015

Dr. Rachel Livermore DVM

May 9th, 2015.

Rachel graduated from Iowa State University as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.

Since before I knew her, the dream was to become a veterinarian. For the last 10 years I have been a part of Rachel's life. This seems borderline impossible. I have done everything in my power to support my wife in fulfilling her dream. There have been moments when it seemed impossible with countless hours with piles of books, late nights, and lack of sleep. We were finally married shortly after she started vet school. In that time, I graduated from Iowa State with my degree in Forestry. Since then I have been working to support us while she continued her schooling.

This whole day seemed unreal. It seemed like there would be school forever and now its over.

The dream, now a reality.

My Never Ending Odyssey has a new chapter and it now includes my true 'vet wife'.

I never thought sitting through a commencement would be so difficult. Normally, I am figgity and unruly, but this meant more to me than I thought. Watching my wife walk that stage was the culmination of everything she has worked for and everything we have been through together.  With the support of family and friends, Rachel's dream has come true.



Congratulations Dr. Rachel Livermore!!!






After a few pics of the newly graduated 'vet wife' it was off to our grad party in the park. We catered food and had coolers of pop,(with a few beers thrown in). The tandum party with the Yeske's was a nice low key celebration. The girls had their cake and could bask in their accomplishment.

It was great to see the turnout from family and friends. Without them these girls would never have made it, and that is coming straight from the horse's mouth.

This chapter has come to an end as Rachel has accepted a job in Clark, SD. Things went from 0 to 60 and Rachel is scheduled to start on June 1st. We are packing our stuff and starting the transition.


Can't wait to start the next chapter with my 'Vet Wife'.




Stay Tuned




No comments:

Post a Comment