Monday, January 27, 2014

Ice Fishing

Been able to get out and do some ice fishing this winter. With work being seasonal I have a little more free time than I wish sometimes. Here are some pics of my success with Nick.


This was at Lost Lake just off of Big Creek. Fishing was slow but we managed to hammer down on some slab gills just at dark. 







 
 These were from Peterson Pits just outside of Ames. We managed to find decent bass, a ton of small crappies and bluegills, and even iced some channel cats. Nick even managed a hog of a bass. 






 My boss Brad invited me onto a private pond to fish Saturday the 25th, cold or no cold. It was difficult to find the fish, but when we did we only found quality. Slob gills. All over 9 inches, and one just over ten. The best part was schooling both. No electronics. I caught all but two of them. It felt good to ice some huge bluegills.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment