Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shed Day Continued: The Firsts'

After finding the two deadfall's including Coleman's Legacy, we headed out to move on the the next place. On our way out I found an old shed most likely from last year. Upon inspection we concluded that this shed was last year's antler from the first 8 point deadfall. Small world indeed. We made our way to Coleman's more just to check it out but in search of a shed. My goal with my management is to get the deer to winter there and find sheds. Then my work would be complete. We walked all the way to the back at the far end of the property. I doubled back to our clearcut when Michael starts whistling insistently. Then my phone rings. I tear over to him to find him standing over Coleman's and his first shed.

I honestly could not tell you who was happier. It was awesome. It was very difficult to tell whether or not this was a this year's drop or last but nevertheless fed the good day vibe. We continued on to two other properties without success. We ended up walking somewhere in the ballpark of 13 miles. Two deadfall's and two sheds. Great day out. We ended our day back at the farm where we shot bow in the barn. Talked about Coleman's Legacy and Michael's first shed. Then we opted for food. Sauted pork chops, hashbrowns, eggs, toast. Tired beyond belief we finally called it a day.


Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment