Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fishing the Bend

Michael Parker and I took the opportunity to spend an entire day fishing. We as usual collected everything necessary and headed out. We climbed through the brambles before we got to our backwater. I knew the water was low but not like this. We went all the way to the mouth where the river point is to set up camp. Again, wow. Water was so low we walked out to where we usually fish. We set out baits anyway. Micheal ended up catching a nice bass that we never got pictures of; my fault. I kept pitching my five of diamonds spoon and finally pulled out an eater pike.
Dad requested we catch some fish for Aunt Karin when they come for their visit Friday. Win.
Michael and I switched off pitching for gators and eventually he lit into a pig. We got her to the water line and she managed to snap the snap swivel holding my spoon. We got her for pics anyway.

It's about time he caught a pig! We fished for awhile longer before trying a couple other places without even a nibble. Water is still cold but we had to try. Great day on the water and the weather was unreal.


Stay Tuned: St Pat's Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment