Monday, September 26, 2011

Greatest Adventure Ever

This last weekend I embarked on the greatest adventure of my life. I finally got to marry my beloved Rachel!

This was more fun than I ever could have imagined. The rehearsal went very well and the dinner afterwards was chaos but a success!
The morning of the wedding I woke up (minor hangover) and was even able to spend a couple of hours shooting bow with the best man. It was awesome and calming. I managed to show up to church right about the time I was supposed to be dressed and ready to go, but no harm done. The rest is sort of a blur. Tons of people, a BEAUTIFUL bride and some vows that I can actually remember going through. I remember through the dismissal of the pews all I could think of was how heavy my wedding band was...funny what sticks out on day like that. Rachel and I were greeted to a wave of people outside and a horse drawn carriage. It was wonderful. I remember it being absolutely peaceful sitting in the carriage across from my wife. There it is again, wife! We had a great conversation just talking about what had really just happened. We were also presented a bottle of champagne (which we almost finished before we got back to Rachel's parents house) and we took a few pictures there before jetting to the reception. This was also a success. I even dances with my wife and then some. I enjoyed the family, friends, food, drink, and them some. Yes, there were glitches, but my wife informed me that I must let it go...damn DJ.

Sunday morning's gift opening was more than I thought possible. It was unbelievable to see the generosity from our guests. We have already enjoyed many of our gifts and are working on putting away the rest. I cannot thank everyone enough but they know this hopefully. What a wonderful day that I think is only going to be trumped by the birth of our children! Until then...


Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment