Thursday, July 2, 2015

Nick Visit

Nick was in the area for business and stayed with Rachel and I for a couple of evenings. We were able to get out on the water. We did an evening sit off of a private dock that I got permission to fish. It took awhile to finally hit a fish, and it was Nick with the flyrod.

Not everyday you get to see a guy fight a walleye on a flyrod. We strung him up on a stringer for the dinner the next night.
I was able to catch another similar sized fish, but the fishing was tough. Nick missed an opportunity at a pig of a waldo but they were hit or miss most of the night.

The evenings catch back at home.
 For whatever reason this pic reminds me of an old pic of my Grandpa Marshall Hoiland.
I cleaned up the fish for tomorrows dinner before retiring for the evening.
The next day we hopped from lake to lake exploring a little more of the area. We started out where I had caught all of my fish from shore before and biffed on a few nice pike. We did however find a few waldos again.


I turned a really nice pike in the spot twice but with the wind and the chop, it was tough conditions. We explored some of the other lakes in the area but as the day progressed we found it was standard summer fishing. By the late afternoon we ended up back where we started the night before. Again, we found a few waldos.


 Not a gill-kill, it was at the base of the fin...
A great day would only prove bigger as the evening came to a close....



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment