Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week Off

As usual, need to do a better job with updates...

The week after I was finished with school forever, I drove up to Al and Karin's for a week of whatever was thrown my way. I got there in the rain and wind and Kate was at the camper (provided by some friends) with the kids. It was wonderful to be greeted in such a way!
Throughout the week I was able to hang out with my aunt and uncle and was even able to assist my Uncle Al in cutting a significant amount of firewood. There were many a project here and there, but the wood made up the bulk of our time. Al even saved a boat-load of walnut for me to do what I please. I was even able to go to a graduation, and trap night. On the way back from the graduation we watch a HUGE meteor blaze through the sky above us. It was like nothing I have ever seen before.
 Joan Smith was a gracious host whom allowed me to sleep in a comfortable bed for the week. It was wonderful to have a sanctuary at the end of the day. 

I needed the visit more than I possibly could have thought. I was not easy to see the farm like that, but I needed to help do something. It was nice to sit out on the new campfire spot (old pinkhouse location) and just hang out with my uncle. Like anything, it will get better with time. Can't wait to get back up there.



Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment